For some reason, I just feel like sharing a recipe today. This is one of my favorites (and my family loves it). It was shared with me by a friend who is now in heaven.
It’s never fail, and though it is called a breakfast cake, I always serve it as a snack cake.
Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake
½ cup butter-softened
¾ cup sugar
1 egg, room temperature
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 cups fresh blueberries
½ cup buttermilk
1 Tbsp. sugar, for sprinkling on top
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
3. Toss the blueberries with ¼ cup of flour.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining flour, baking powder and salt.
5. Add the flour mixture to the batter a little at a time, alternating with the buttermilk.
Fold in the blueberries.
6. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan with non-stick spray. Spread batter into pan.
Sprinkle batter with remaining tablespoon of sugar.
Bake for 35-45 minutes.
Check with a toothpick for doneness. Let cool at least 15 minutes before serving.
Delicious when warm, but also great the next day!
#buttermilkblueberrybreakfastcake #recipes #frommykitchen
It’s the BEST! My tastebuds have been blessed many a time ❤️
Post a Comment