Oh my. I wouldn’t want to count the hours I spent on this one. Unless you have made a similar tag, it impossible to guess the level of activity this project required! But I was so motivated by the beauty of Tim’s tag that I just wanted to do it. So, here it is. I’ll only mention the techniques/supplies I used that were different than Tim used.
To cover the tag, I used the Weathered Wood and Tumbled Glass distress ink, but I did not have the bottles of stain, so I used it from the ink pads, applying directly to the craft sheet and mixing with the Picket Fence stain, then dragging my misted tag through it. I used some of Tim’s snowflake stamps to stamp with Weathered Wood on the tag, once inked.
Probably the funnest part of this project was inking on top of the dried Rock Candy crackle paint. Not having the distress stains, I used the suggested colors (Weathered Wood and Tumbled Glass—becoming my favorite combination!) directly from the ink pad, using the ink blending tool to pat it on pretty heavy (dried with heat tool). I took several photos of the tag in different lighting, but in all of them, the snowman looks more mottled than he does in real life.
I did not have Tim’s snowman die, so I cut a snowman (and a snowflake) from my Cricut/Creative Memories Cheerful Seasons cartridge. I cut the snowman from grungeboard and the snowflake from grunge paper (love that stuff). I love Stickles Crystal Ice and used it on top of the snowflake, after coating it with Picket Fence.
On the little snowman guy’s hat, I ran a strip of Rock Candy Stickles along the top, as Tim suggested, but I wanted a bit more bling on the “snow,” so I sprinkled some Martha Stewart Crystal Coarse Glitter on top, while the Rock Candy Stickles was still wet.
I was able to use the 25 Movers & Shapers Die and run it through my Vagabond with the snowman cut from the Cricut. I had the buttons on hand (they are perfect, much better in person as far as shade of color). A fellow crafter gave me the hint to use a dental floss threader to bring the tulle through the button holes. Worked like a charm!
For the white flourish, I used a clear stamp I had on hand and stamped it with white pigment ink, dried it with the heat tool.
All this is new to me. I feel very challenged and am learning so much. It was fun looking for “tulle,” something I had not thought of since my mother made my wedding gown and veil 46 years ago!
Oh, and my white feathers did not come from Mario’s bird!
Also finished my version of Tag 5 today. Will upload it next.
I love this tag.My favorite thing to do is tags.
I love this tag!
Post a Comment