Our son Mark has beautiful box gardens this year. He shared some of the produce with us, and I used his Romaine, cilantro, jalapenos, and onions in a fresh and delicious summer salad.
Black Bean Salad
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- ½ c diced red onion (better with Vidalia)
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained
- Cilantro (calls for 1 tsp, I use much more, fresh)
- Optional: fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded
- ¼ c olive oil
- 4 T red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt/pepper to taste
Serve on a bed of lettuce leaves and tortilla chips, garnished with lime and avocado wedges.